What is that Server doing? Monitoring and trend analysis
What you need is a good product to handle the mundane stuff while you get on with the stuff you want to do! The Grumpy Old DBA recommends Idera SQL Diagnostic Manager.
- Creating a Baseline
- Missing SQL Performance Counters.
- SQL 2005 Performance Counters
- Perfmon Counters for SQL Server
- Perfmon Counters for Windows
- Perfmon Counters for SSRS
- Perfmon Counters for SSAS
Introduction and explanation of creating a baseline for your server.
How to reload the performance counters.
This table lists the database engine counters by group.
The Microsoft Premiers recently published a set
of documents with suggested Perfmon counters for SQL Server
- SSRS Custom Reports for the DBA
This explains how to use BIDS to create custom reports which do not require SSRS to deploy or use. Included are ten custom rdls reports to download and use.
blah blah blah.